Sunday, April 13, 2008

I've Still Got It.

Jackson had his first baseball game of the year the other night. Brent Jones and I are coaching his team again. The best part of being the coach is that I get to pitch to the kids. I have to admit that this is pretty stressfull. The kids get 6 pitches no matter what, if they do not strike out first. I have the team that loves to crowd the plate. It is all that I can do not to go back to the old days when I would throw one at their chin to back them off and give me room to work the outside corner to strike them out.


To make a long story short, I ended the night with 11 strike outs. I was really on my game. They didn't even come close. Too bad that I wanted them to hit. The truth is that I never had a problem letting batters hit the ball. I always had a talent for that. Even worse was that we only played for 12 outs since we were getting losing so bad. I think that the final score was 17-6 or something. Who's counting? We are out there for the fun of the game ya know. Who am I kidding? That loss hurt Coach Brent and I pretty bad. We do have a good team. We just did not want to go undefeated and give the kids a big head. It's all about the kids........ I think.

No comments: