Sunday, March 9, 2008

Let's Talk Turkey

As many of you know, my most favorite time of year is coming up....Turkey Season. There is nothing like Hooting like an owl to locate them on the roost and then strategizing a way to get close to them. Every once in while it works out and we are blessed with a chance to bring one home. Last year Jackson killed a really nice one on his first turkey hunt. In a couple of weeks we will go again. Maybe this year he will not come home saying that daddy kept saying bad words. When he shot it, I dragged him out of the blind to tackle it and I was jumping around like a baboon screaming that holy crap you just shot a turkey over and over. I am not particularly proud of my choice of words at time, but I was excited. The other thing that I kind of regret was while I was jumping around was that when I got to the turkey, Jackson was not behind me anymore. He had stepped knee deep into a hole and could not get his leg out. Well anyway despite all that, it was a beautiful hunt that neither of us will never forget. Notice in the picture below that the turkey is almost as tall as he is.

I recently had another proud moment. Mr. Will has started to try to talk lately. He has started to say Da Da and he will yelp like a turkey. Tonya is very pleased about this. She is trying to get him to say words, but all he wants to do is call turkeys. I am so proud. (tear)

Here is a video of dinner time at our house. Will it's a little long, but you will see will calling them in.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7022922582967427546

No comments: