Friday, January 18, 2008

Jacque Dodd Day

I would like to dedicate this blog to one of the great women in history. It was on January 16th, 1974 that this lady joined the ranks of Betty Washington (George Washington's Mom) and Lucy Maddux (Distinguished Mother of Future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux).....If you do not know who these people are,....."No Blog For You." You are banned from my man blog......Anyway, you may have guessed, I am dedicating this entry to Jacque Dodd. She endured many perils to bring me into this world and yet she still persevered. It's a touching story that includes good guys, bad guys and cowboys and indians. Maybe I will tell you about it sometime.


I did want to share with you what I found in my truck the morning of my birthday.

Yes it is Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. The gift that keeps on giving. It was in the seat of my truck with no name. If you read the label, it really seems useful. They say it will cure any chafing that you may experience. I will let you know how it works. At my age, I might need this kind of stuff pretty soon, so I may just keep it. I am already going bald, chafing may be next. It looked like it had been used a little, but hey, it was free.

I was showered with gifts when I got home from work. I was presented with a drawing from Ashton. It had a rectangle on it that was colored blue. That was all. She said that I needed some shapes. I am not sure what you do with a rectangle, but somehow I still loved it. Then Jackson gave me a Xbox Star Wars game that he just got. I thought that he just wanted me to play with him, but later I found out that he was concerned that he did not have me a gift and he was giving me his new favorite game. That almost brings me to tears in a manly sort of way. Then the twins. This picture says it all.

No comments: