Friday, January 25, 2008

Permanent Marker

I had to work last night, so I was off today. It stinks, but I enjoy having the extra time at home the next day to play dollhouse and other girly stuff that I am sure you would like to see pictures of. I let Tonya take a nap, so that means I had all four kids to watch. Jackson had his 100th day of school today, and there they were burdened with the task of getting 100 people to sign a T-shirt that he was wearing. They dug out a handfull of permanent markers that Ashton just had to have. Of course, they fought over them, and I finally diverted Jackson's attention with a hunting show, but I forgot about Ashton. She was quietly doing something in the other room so there was no problem that I could see. Then she comes to show me her masterpiece. She had drawn a face on her stomach with Jackson's permanent markers. I actually thought that it was funny, but I tried not to show it. I then explained to her that it could not be washed off. Then she erupted with an impressive display of screams and tears. (I know that Tonya heard her screaming and crying, but she acted like she slept through it. I recognize this technique because I use it all of the time myself.) Tonya later "awoke" from her slumber, and then I asked Ashton to show her mother her masterpiece. She then explained that it was an accident and that "Daddy let me play with permanent markers." I was totally ratted out. I did not officially let her play with them, but I guess that I could have asked a few questions to find out what was going on. Maybe next time I will do that. Naa...


2 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

Please excuse my husband for posting this horribly sad pic of my baby girl! It breaks my heart!

Ashley said...

Though quite an impressive impression she is making.

Picasso in the making