Friday, February 15, 2008

Does Anyone Know How To Clean Carpets?



It's Friday night and Tonya has left me with the kids. She's off scrapbooking with the girls. I usually pride myself on being able to handle all of our kids without Momma's help.
Tonight started out pretty well. I fed the babies their sweet potatoes and the Ashton was begging me to watch hunting shows. After a while, I was actually thinking that the night was going pretty well. Then Will started crying. I figured that I would change both the boys, pour a little milk in 'em and put them to bed.

I could smell that Will had made a present for me, so I laid him in the floor and started changing him. He was wearing a onesy (I have never tried to spell that before.) and some pants. When I took off his pants nothing was out of the ordinary. Then I unbuttoned his onesy and pulled it up his back to give me room to change his diaper. It was then that I noticed that this was no ordinary diaper. When I lifted him back up, I could see poop all over the carpet. He had pooped up his back and I had unleashed its wrath.

Since this is a man blog I am attaching pictures. It was really something to behold. I did not know what to do. During his last blowout, Tonya had tried to teach me how to roll his shirt off so that I would not get doodie all over him. I promise that I tried, but I only got a hand full of crap that was stuck to the inside of his shirt. So now, I have poop on the floor, in my hand and all over the baby and I cannot get his shirt off without smearing it all over him more. All that I could think to do was to drag him onto the kitchen floor to gather myself. The picture below was after about 10 wipes.






At this point I think that I am getting things under control and then the older kids start to gaze at the situation Dad was in. This picture shows Ashton after she had stepped in the evidence. Jackson is on the counter getting his own milk. I can't wait till the twins can do that. Tonya would disagree. Ya' know, forget the milk thing. I can't wait till they can go to the bathroom and I am not cleaning baby mud out of my carpet.

Maybe next time, I will write about something cleaner.

2 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

I don't know what to say about this post, whether to laugh or cry?! (I'm not going to complain too much because I was scrapbooking and don't really care what happens as long as they aren't blleding as long as I get to go!) At least I trained him well, no not to change diapers, obviously but to grab the camera when something funny happens! T

Shawn said...

Well, it happens to the best of us. Ella Kate had it up her back this morning and all I could do was sit her in the bathtub with onesie, diaper and all. Don't ever feed them Quaker Heart Healthy oatmeal. It will give you a blow out every time!
~H